Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hazel Ilene Quilt Along: A Small Quilt Top Finish


Thanks to Shelly Pagliai 's excellent directions in her quilt along, I am ready to reveal my smaller quilt top. 
My small version of the Hazel Ilene Diary quilt along is complete as a quilt top!

Now I'm dreaming of how I'd like to quilt it.  I am leaning toward using the golden threads paper and a sharpie and sewing through the marked paper then ripping off the tissue as the quilt images are stitched. 

Of course it would be nice to take it to my neighbor with the long arm business, but I already have my large Thimbleberries quilt over there and the bill for that is only a week away.  Besides, this quilt is such a cute size at 33" x 42".  There will be very little scrunching or bunching to get it under my regular machine. 

I just love the soft blended look of the blocks.  Most of the fabrics were purchased while on vacation at the various fabric shops near Superior and Duluth.  They were in my stash for 3 years or so and when I signed up to do the Diary Quilt along they came out of storage. 

Stay tuned for the updates on putting my larger version together.  That one is getting closer as all the blocks are ready and the setting triangles have their borders.  I should have a photo to share within the next month. 

3 comments:

Miki Willa said...

I really love this quilt. The blocks are just what I am looking for, and the colors are devine. I would love to have you visit my blog and share your comments.

make.share.give said...

So pretty! The reds blend together kind of like watercolor.

LuAnn said...

I love how it looks like the quilt flows into the outer border. Also like that quilt in your banner with all the pretty flowers. I know I have a piece of that bright floral fabric you used here somewhere......Very pretty.