Saturday, October 18, 2014
I found a vintage treasure at a cute little resale shop in New London, Wisconsin.
I got it home and admired it for a few days. While doing this I considered the options of laundering it. I ended up in favor of a trip through the wash cycle with some Orvus soap. I felt glad for washing it, because I saw how dingy the water was when I looked in the machine part way into the wash cycle. Yuck!
I let it dry naturally out on the lawn. Noticed some pilling that makes me think it has a wool batting in it. Which I'm a great fan. Wool is so light weight, but incredibly warm. The fibers brushed right off. Luckily, there was only one small area of the binding that came undone. I quickly sewed it up and it's been on our bed as a coverlet for over a month.
Friday, October 17, 2014
Thursday, October 16, 2014
We drew the chosen animal silhouette on manilla and stapled it to the colored construction paper and then cut it out. In doing this, we avoided the pencil lines showing. We glued the animal to the next color and cut that out in an echo shape that was progressively larger.
Monday, October 13, 2014
Here's a link to one of my favorite brunch recipes. I saw it once on a food network show and I've been making it ever since.
The ingredients are simple and it bakes up quite nicely in the oven.
Now, if I could only grow enough blueberries from my mini bushes around my patio!
This dish reminds me of a giant blueberry pancake and it would be great served at a weekend brunch or a wedding shower.
Sunday, November 24, 2013
I picked up this hat at. The craft show yesterday. The seller let me in on her pattern and sewing directions and I was able to replicate it using sweater scraps from my old mittens.
The top is made from a tear drop shape. The brim can be from a pike shaped rectangle where the concave side matches up with the corvette of the drop shaped top. The pont is then sewn down near the brom and may be embellished with a button or layered flower.