Saturday, October 18, 2014

A New, But Old Quilt



I found a vintage treasure at a cute little resale shop in New London, Wisconsin.


I got it home and admired it for a few days.  While doing this I considered the options of laundering it.  I ended up in favor of a trip through the wash cycle with some Orvus soap.  I felt glad for washing it, because I saw how dingy the water was when I looked in the machine part way into the wash cycle.  Yuck!


I let it dry naturally out on the lawn.  Noticed some pilling that makes me think it has a wool batting in it.  Which I'm a great fan.  Wool is so light weight, but incredibly warm.  The fibers brushed right off.    Luckily, there was only one small area of the binding that came undone.  I quickly sewed it up and it's been on our bed as a coverlet for over a month.

1 comment:

Bev C said...

Hello Kathy,
Wow, what a great find, so glad it washed up beautifully.

Happy days.
Bev.