Saturday, October 24, 2009

Getting Inspired to Make a Christmas Mini Quilt

I have some designing to do for a Christmas Mini quilt. I'd like to incorporate some of my blocks from the Thimbleberries club patterns for 3's Company. They are so easy to make and I have some on hand as I've made extra from Christmas scraps when I made the regular blocks of the month.














I also love the Holly Jolly and Merry & Bright fabrics from Moda's past seasons and have found that the newer Clothworks fabrics called Peppermint Cottage blends right in with some of my favorites.
I'd like to present it all to my swap partner in a stocking. I had made so many of these in July at my local quilt shop that I could make them in my sleep. We made more than 175 to send to Iowa, they were packed with treats there and sent on to the soldiers to cheer them this Christmas.



~Kathy~ the Cottage Garden Quilter

2 comments:

Zlaty said...

Wow 175 stockings! I am still sewing my Halloween quilts and then I have to think Christmas! Your mini will be lovely!

Happy sewing!

Zlaty

Diane said...

What a wonderful idea to send these to soldiers.