Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Wyoming Valley Blocks for Diary Quilt Along

I've been sewing along for the Diary Quilt Along, just not at the same pace as the directions!  I'm now done with my small and large block 8. I can happily move along to block 9 and be current with the posts. I do really love the way these blocks are coming together and am very happy to be using fabrics in reds and tans that I've been collecting for awhile. I am thinking that maybe the blocks will be set on the diagonal and that the setting blocks may have some darker sashing.
The blocks name happens to be called Wyoming Valley, which is easy to remember because of the "V" that was formed when sewing the flying geese units together.   

I notice that in the smaller block the "V" shapes do not have that much contrast.  What I'd like to do is get started on block 9 and if time allows, perhaps I will remake this block with a substitute for the light tan fabric.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Your blocks look great. I have not started on block 9 yet :-/

Snippety Gibbet said...

I don't know how you quilters match colors so well. Gorgeous! jan