Thursday, August 25, 2011

Dragonfly Magic

first attempt at a photo


I was opening the back door to go outside on the patio and I happened to notice a beautiful full sized dragonfly parked on the white stucco siding of our house.  I didn't want to startle it, so I carefully shut the door and went to get my camera.







I hoped that I could get out the front door and walk around to see it better from the sidewalk.  It worked!

I took a couple of shots and it didn't even seem to mind.  I went in closer and it still wasn't alarmed. 



Picture showing Dragon Fly




This is my best shot and I was delighted to get in so close!

Magical Dragonfly

I've always loved dragonflies, but I love them even more now that I found out how much they like to eat mosquitoes.   This one was a true beauty and it's wings just sparkled with a golden iridescence .
 

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Great photo!

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Oh yes, I love dragonflies too! I didn't know that they eat mosquitoes .. excellent bonus reason to like them. I just think that their wings are delightful. Amazing shot!