Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Two Tries for the Broken Dishes Block


The first version of broken dishes turned out way to big!  I'll be making it into a mug rug.  I was more careful to trim each half square triangle down to exactly 2 inches and this solved the problem for the second version.


Success, the block is now the same size as the rest of my set.  Now on to the basket one.  I think I'll be making it with pinks and browns.

5 comments:

Ellen said...

Your block does look great - definitely worth a second chance!

quilt32 said...

Since my cutting and sewing are never as precise as I would like, I measure everything. It does make a difference.
Lillian
lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

Sheila said...

Nice blocks.
Many of my mishap blocks become pot holders for gifts :D

Janis said...

Oh my gosh I could spot the Farmer's Wife book from a mile away. I think I slept with it under my pillow for months! Have fun with the quilt, I started and am still working on mine with 45 plus blocks already made I'm determined to finish it.

Kathy said...

Thanks for your comments! I use the little pouch each meeting and hope to earn a few more wooden nickels. Janis, at 45 blocks you have that many reasons to go ahead and keep making enough to make yourself a happy quilt. Best of luck.