Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day


I wanted to share with you a lovely valentine I received from Cathy of Hazelruthes blog. She has a birthday right before Valentine's day and she thought of the idea to do a handcrafted valentine swap. Last week a very pretty package arrived in my mailbox. After I opened the envelope I saw a very pretty package wrapped up in 2 red heart doilies. Inside I found this wonderful card, that had a lacy hanger tied to the top. Here is a photo of where I hung it up on my china hutch.
I spent the day sewing at my friend's house with another friend and my mom. We did some catching up on the Diary Quilt Along with Shelly P. My mom has a very pretty stripe, but it is not a simple match for making the binding on the bias. There was a complicated stripe pattern and it involved a lot of overlapping.
We also sewed up some cute little house blocks from a Thimbleberries pattern. We were a bit short on fabric for one of the house blocks that was supposed to be cut from the kit. However, we went ahead and tried one block anyway. No way was there enough fabric for 3 blocks! The other kit was fine and we were able to get 3 more blocks. It was a fun afternoon of sewing!

No comments: