Monday, October 18, 2010

Versatile Blogger Award



Thank you to Heather for this great blogger's award.  She writes a very nice blog about her book reviews, knitting, and quilting.  She was so kind to nominate me for my award.  Her blog is called Books and Quilts and you may want to check it out sometime soon. 

Here is a top7 things about me list:

7.  As you can probably tell from my blog, I like quilting, gardening, and cooking.  Probably in that order too!  Shortly after starting this blog, I got into it so much that I actually started a second blog to connect with artists and art educators.  It is called Gallery2404.

6.  I am interested in bike riding, reading, and lots of different crafts.  I often make my own notecards.

5.  When I travel, I like to visit the historical homes in the area and shop for antiques.   I adore old Singer sewing machines and also collect toy hand crank machines.

4.  I am married to a mopar guy and while he hangs out in the garage, I make my quilts.

3.  I am a coffee, wine, and tea drinker, it just depends on what time of day it happens to be at the moment. 

2.  I love SPRING the best of all the seasons.  Tulips are my favorite flower.  I also love the bright yellowish greens of the newly opened leaves and grasses.

1.  I teach full time at a wonderful Catholic grade school.  The subjects I teach are: Art for grades 3 - 6 and reading - language arts for special needs students.  I wouldn't change a thing about my job or the students.  The only thing I'd request is less playground duties!  That really cuts into art prep time!!!


Now I'd like to nominate some of my favorite bloggers and followers for this same award:

Julie's Less Than Perfect Life of Bliss                 lovely topiary tutorials

Phyl @ There's a Dragon in My Art Room            great classroom advice, scenic photos

Susan's Blackberry Creek Home Arts                    great decorating advice  many different topics

Heather's Heckety Beck                                           funny and very versatile!  great photos of Ireland too

Genie @ Buttons for Baga                                                crafty tips and many mimes

Nikki of NikkiLee RavioLee Dreams                                  wonderful stitcher of Crazy quilts

Vivian's Whistle Stop Quilting                         long arm quilting and cute schnauzer doggie

Leslie @ Pea Soup Designs                             cool jewelry designs

Barb of A Corgi to Quilt By                            quilting inspiration

ArtMuse67                                            art teacher advice

Sandi of A Legacy of Stitches              prolific posts!  great Monday feature of quilts on the line!

Julia's Green Quilts                               artistic quilt creations

Patty @ Attic Clutter                               paintings and decorating tips  Garden inspiration too!

Melissa - MamaBug's Musings              Crafting and mom's tips

Alyson's Petals                                          beautiful photography

April of April's Art and April's Things    inspiring artistic posts and creative gatherings

If you happen to visit these bloggers, leave them a comment and let them know that "Kathy the Cottage Garden Quilter sent you".
The conditions of this award are that all recipients must:


1. Thank and link back to the person that gave this award


2. Write 7 things about yourself


3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic


4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked to let them know about the award

9 comments:

april said...

my goodness - I'm honored! Thank you, Kathy.

Alyson said...

Kathy, you are so sweet. Thanks for thinking of me! I hope to post about this soon!!!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Thanks for the award, Kathy. I will post about this soon. As a "prolific poster" (that really made me smile), I have my posts all planned for the next couple weeks, but I will do this. Thanks much. :-) "Sew happy" that you enjoy my Monday "What's on the line?" posts. I love doing them. :-)

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Hi Kathy, I saw you mentioned on Heather's blog and thought I'd stop by to say hello. Congratulations on your award. Nice to meet you, I've enjoyed my visit.

MamaBug said...

Thank you so very very much! I too am honored! I will try and post about this tonight! Thank you again!

Phyl said...

Thank you! I have received this before, but am honored to be noticed again! Give me a couple of days, and I promise to post something on my blog.

I'm NOT a quilter (not enough patience) but I am a lover of rich bright color and the photo at the top of your blog is GORGEOUS!!

I was confused how you found me, but just realized you have another blog that is one that I read, though I'm not sure it's on my blogroll. I'll be sure to add it if it's not!

Heather said...

HI Kathy, I enjoyed reading your 7. I look forward to visiting with some of your nominees.

Heckety said...

Ah me! I'm blushin'! Thank you so much, truly, you are very kind! I'll ho-ficially ha-ccept next week, if I survive my daughter's Mad Hatter's Tea Party this evening!!

Leslie Anne Pease said...

OMG
I can't believe I didn't know! I am mortified and so embarrassed.

THANK YOU Kathy for nominating me! I am so flattered. It's an honor. Wow, and I thought people would visit my blog by accident!

You are so sweet for thinking of me and I am so humbled!

VERY SINCERELY,
Leslie