Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Enjoy a lovely Valentine's Day



I wanted to show you what arrived in my mailbox this weekend with the Saturday mail.  It was a lovely 3-D valentine shaped like a slipper with a vintage style heart tucked into it.  Isn't it sweet.  It was made by Cathy of  Hazelruthes's blog.  This is the second year that I have swaped homemade Valentine's with her and it is so much fun! There were wonderful chocolates too, but those are mostly gone.  I did however, save the truffle and I am going to have that later this afternoon.

Beautiful Victorian Slipper Valentine by Cathy J



14 inch block

I've been up to a lot of sewing over the weekend.  Some of it cannot be shown all the way because it was for the mug rug swap.  I'll try to get a little sneak peak post about it later this week.  But I won't show the entire finished pieces until they are received by the new owner.  They need to get popped into the mail today, since they are leaving the country!



The block above is block one in my next Thimbleberries quilt.  It was really fun to put together.  I'll be making another one in a reddish pink fabric over the next few days.

No comments: