Thursday, January 14, 2010

Zucchini Moons

A recipe my husband and I like for a side dish is full moon and half moon zucchini slices. Here is a photo showing the simple ingredients.


If the zucchini is large, I cut it in half before slicing it. If it is a baby zucchini, I keep it whole and make round slices. I toss the slices with a tablespoon of olive oil and coat them in a breadcrumb and Parmesan cheese mixture with a little salt and pepper for seasoning. I lightly press the breading into the zucchini slice before placing the tray in the oven.


Then I bake them off in the oven at 425 degrees for 15 min. We like to serve them with sloppy joes or meatloaf. It is a pretty healthy side dish.

1 comment:

Heckety said...

YUMM-EE! I'm writing zuccinis on my shopping list right now! Thank you for this!
(except we call them courghette!)