Wednesday, January 27, 2010

More Quilters for the Diary Quilt Along

I have 2 more quilters interested to join up with the Hazel's Diary Quilt Along that Shelly has planned.



My mom has blue and yellow fabrics set aside to do the smaller version. I am going to print Shelly's swatch sheet to get her organized. We are on the look out for a good stripe to use for the binding and the sashing strips. We'd like it to have blue, yellow, cream, and a touch of red and a smidge of green. Perhaps a nice woven plaid would also work. I am going to check if our local quilt shop might have some Portugal fabric left from April Cornel's line a few seasons ago. I think one of those plaids or stripes might be just right.



My good friend Deb has decided to jump in and do a flannel version of the big quilt. Her fabrics are in the shabby rose style and she'll be using some beautiful large floral prints in sage green, peachy pink, and tea dyed ivory. We tea dyed the fabric that had the white background and it came out perfectly for the project! We liked it so much the ivory fabrics went into the left over tea and came out equally as nice.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Mmmm . . . they all look delicious!

Anonymous said...

Oh, pretty choice of fabrics! Like them both. Your mom and friend will enjoy the quilt-along. I know I am!

Cindy