Monday, September 14, 2009

Making Salsa


After shopping at the Farmer's Market on Saturday, I was able to get more tomatoes and jalapenos for making salsa. I enjoy making salsa for my sister's husband each year around the time of his birthday.
Shown in the photo are some of my main ingredients for the recipe.
I'll use 6 large tomatoes, 1 red onion, 4 green onions, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 large jalapeno pepper or 3 small ones, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, 2 cans fire roasted tomatoes, zest and juice from 1 lime, 2 Tablespoons olive juice, salt and pepper to taste, and a dash of oregano. I pre-chopped the tomatoes, onions, and peppers, then put the cilantro and crushed garlic into the blender with the cans of fire roasted tomatoes and gave it a few pulses. It makes the salsa be the perfect consistency. We love it and it goes quickly.

2 comments:

Snippety Gibbet said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds delicious! What a great gift for the brother in law.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love salsa, your brother-n-law is a lucky fellow. Thanks for your recipe!