Sunday, September 27, 2009

Summertime Quilt Swap

Here is my newest, most lovely quilt, made for me by my swap partner, Gina Smith. Didn't she do a most perfect job in the design of this eyecatching quilt? I think so and will enjoy it always as everything about it is just what I love. She did the most wonderful job of quilting it in a carefree, swirly, and loopy pattern. How did she know that the 3-D look of the button embellishments would be so perfect for me?
Quilting Bloggers held the swap this summer called "In the Good Old Summertime". My quilt arrived this weekend and here I am proudly showing it off. It was Saturday and my family was just coming home from the big 3 hour Oktoberfest parade and my quilting aunt Linda was with me. I looked in the mail box and what a pleasant surprise it was to see a package waiting for me. I opened the envelope right on the sidewalk by the front door. Out came this marvelous quilted burst of brightness. I just love it!!! Included in the package also was a box of very elegantly shaped chocolates. What could be better than a beautiful quilt and pretty chocolates?!!

The black and white flowers are accented by the most colorful buttons. The whole quilt is just what I love. I am sure it will go in my sewing studio someday. Right now, I want it were everyone sees it; so I have hung it in my kitchen against the tile. As soon as you open the back door and step into our kitchen it gets noticed. I have had several other quilts that have hung there in the past, but this one definitely looks the best!

"Funky Flowers", by Gina Smith is perfect for my kitchen. I know it will look marvelous in my sewing room too, because I have curtain toppers made in the same delicious color scheme.

1 comment:

Gina said...

I'm glad you like it and it looks perfect in your kitchen

Love and hugs GIna xxx