Saturday, December 4, 2010

Little Doll Quilts

This little gem has been made with a tumbler block and I really like the fancy edge of the untrimmed blocks.  I don't use it as a doll quilt, but do like displaying it in my kitchen.  It is a nice contrast for the dark paneling that is on the walls. 

THIMBLE CHARM QUILT
 

ANOTHER TUMBLER QUILT
.  It is the second mini quilt I made with the tumbler block and I really like the old fashioned charm of this classic single block quilt.  It is the right proportions for many doll beds and would fit an 18 inch doll very nicely.  I put corner triangles in the back to catch a hanging rod, but lately I've been using it as a sewing machine placemat. 

WENDY'S DOLL QUILT




Collections for a Cause a Moda fabric was used as a starting point for this little gift quilt.  It is actually used as a doll quilt for my teacher friend.  She recently retired and I presented her this quilt to use for her cute little doll collection.  She saved her own favorite doll and the doll bed given to her as a little girl and she let me know how perfectly this quilt looks for her display. 


A DOLL QUILT FOR MORGAN




I made this reversible doll quilt for my niece, Morgan.  I gave it to her for her 2nd birthday this year and she started using it right away.  The binding went on quickly because I put it on with a machine embroidery stitch.  I figured that way it would stand up to lots of machine washing. 

2 comments:

Terriaw said...

Love all your adorable doll quilts! I love making doll quilts cuz they are a nice size for trying out new designs or quilting. I am feeling the itch to try tumbler blocks now - looks quite fun.

Shari said...

Your doll quilt for Morgan really appeals to me. I like the colors and all the small pops of flowers.