Thursday, December 9, 2010

Upcycled Vintage Block Runner

Here's a little thing I've been working on lately.  I put it together with 3 vintage blocks that I purchased at the antique store for only 3 bucks each.  I used Moda petite 4's and other 2.5 inch squares to border the edge.  Many of them were pieces of the Prairie Paisley line that was a favorite of mine.
This little runner is quickly becoming one of my favorites.  I was planning to just machine quilt it and be done with it soon.  But plans changed and somehow I am now hand quilting it.  I had it along on a bus trip to Minneapolis for a play and shopping.  I got the center image quilted on 2 of the vintage blocks.

I'm hooked on doing this type of upcycling project!  I purchased another set of blocks at the same antique store to do it all again in a blue and white color scheme next!

1 comment:

Terriaw said...

What a fun project! I love seeing how you turned those vintage blocks into such a great runner. Fun border you added. Makes me want to look for some treasures at the antique story or vintage store!