Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Featherweight For My Mom

















For several years my mom has been hoping to run across a Singer 221 at a yard sale. She doesn't have to hunt anymore, because now she has one! About a month ago, my generous friend decided to give my mom a vintage featherweight. We had her close her eyes and sit on the couch while we took it out of the case and set it on the coffee table.
There are just a few little missing parts to search for on e-bay, but it is in good working order and sews a very flat even seam, so she's really happy with it. The case was in very good condition and it is one of the boxes with the lift out tray. My own featherweight did not have a case with it, so I carry it around in a soft sided carrier that's like a black shoulder bag. For now that works, but I'd eventually like to find an original case.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Kathy,
What a fantastic surprise for your mom. She has to be thrilled.
Have a wonderful weekend.

hugs,
Barb

Attic Clutter said...

Beautiful quilt(:)
am anxious to see your white trees(:)
Hugs, Patty